Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Arrivederci Columbo


Well - after flying out of Detroit in a full out blizzard last Friday, my Dad and I finally made it into Rome after a delayed flight, a missed connection, and lost luggage (which miraculously made it to the airport in Rome 5 hours after we landed)...Travel troubles aside, I knew I was going to fall in love with Rome the moment I landed. The first thing I noticed was how beautifully everyone dressed. Ohhh my gosh. If only American men dressed well - absolutely gorgeous! I also noticed that everyone wears black and has sweet Italian leather boots (clearly I knew I was going to like this place).

My dad and I took a taxi from Rome's airport to the Basilica d. Cosmos and Damian, where we were staying. It was the most TERRIFYING experience. In Rome, the lines on the street are absolutley disregarded. I was holding on for my life!! Along the way we saw at least 3 accidents involving the cute little smart cars (all flipped over of course). So after flying through the blizzard and driving 135 km/hra down an Italian highway... we finally met up with my mom, my sister, and my sister's friend Kelsey.

We finally were in paradise.

No comments: